Leftovers from this weeks info-Thursday
Most of our lunch hour went into interesting discussions about Scenario2030, and here are some keywords on subjects that only got to the outline:
- HSE: The noisy repair work at the roof, soil hats, drains and in the light shafts will continue until week 5, 2017
- HSE: Sound-proofing of the NMR/MRI lab is complete and has proven very effective!
- PatentPak will soon be included with SciFinder. We have reached a deal whereby we give up Ullmann´s encyclopedia and Kemi (magazine from the Swedish chemistry soc.) and the library supplies a corresponding sum to cover the full cost of PatentPak.
- John Georg Seland will be acting chair of the chemistry education board (programstyreleiar) for the study year 2016/17.
- The Board of the Chemistry department recommended today that the department move forward and applies for the establishment of an integrated master program in medical technology
- Policy change on pc’s: The department will offer a standardized stationary office pc to incoming PhD and postdoc candidates. However, if there is project funding and acceptable rationale for other choices, the department will offer a fixed-sum contribution toward alternative solutions.
- Policy change on fixed phones: We aim to terminate fixed-phone leases for most offices used by students and staff on temporary contracts. A dedicated «phone booth» will be made available for communal use.